amazon.com

Ad Brite Ads

Your Ad Here

To those who just want some laughs or look at crazy sh*t

Please read on. Leave some comments if you will. All these stuff are "theoretical." Some might be true and most are from my imagination.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Motherboards available

During my search for the next available motherboard / mainboard for my laptop, I dicovered two manufacturers whose mobo/mainboards are highly available -- HP and IBM.

My laptop broke about a year ago when her overworked mainboard failed to function. I tried to have it repaired with the authorized repair center but unfortunately they could not salvage it. It is four months beyond warranty so I will have to shell out have the acquisition cost for a new board.

Broken hearted, I tried with our office IT technicians. They too could not fix it. I discovered a repair center that offers mainboard repair and a no-fix, no-pay service. It too can't make any repairs. Unfortunately for me, there are no available 2nd hand replacement boards.

A year since then, I discovered a new repair center with the same offer. They too do not have any replacement boards but they will try to fix my laptop's board.

In both places, and in several auction and web-based buy and sell sites, I found out that the most common laptop mainboards that can be found are from HP or IBM.

What does this mean? It could mean either of the following:

1. HP and IBM mainboards last long
2. HP and IBM are the most bought units
3. HP and IBM laptops get old fast so the units are discarded and the mainboards salvaged
4. HP and IBM laptop peripherals break up easily
5. There is a surplus of HP and IBM mainboards

You choose.

No comments: