amazon.com

Ad Brite Ads

Your Ad Here

To those who just want some laughs or look at crazy sh*t

Please read on. Leave some comments if you will. All these stuff are "theoretical." Some might be true and most are from my imagination.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Michael Jackson and Ferdinand Marcos

This season being a Michael Jackson tribute season, I got to listen to a lot of his songs from the loudspeakers of our neighbor. While watering our garden and listening to "The Man in the Mirror" I got to think: were the activists of the Marcos Era able to use his song for their "revolutionary" singing?

I found out that The Man in the Mirror was released October 16, 2001 from Amazon.com. If it was released in the early 80's, this is how I thought the activists would have worded the lyrics:

I'm Starting With The Man In MANILA
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make PINAS A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make PINAS A Better Place)
Take A Look At Your Men, And Then Change Their Ways
(Take A Look At Your Men, And Then Change Their Ways)
(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na, Na Nah)

SM Megamall and Glorietta have LCD TVs in their activity areas showing MJ concerts all day long.

No comments: