amazon.com

Ad Brite Ads

Your Ad Here

To those who just want some laughs or look at crazy sh*t

Please read on. Leave some comments if you will. All these stuff are "theoretical." Some might be true and most are from my imagination.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Chain of ideas - cooking with garlic

It is said that garlic is able to reduce incidence of high blood pressure.

There was a time that every morning I would go to our office clinic and have my blood pressure checked. We are issued a green card where we put our blood pressure readings for the day. For almost a month or two, I had recorded blood pressures as high as 140/100 and twice or thrice was I made to take medicines for hypertension.

Every time I get a high blood reading, I always tell the doc that it is caused by my walking for about 2 kilometers to the office (1+ miles).

Later on, I heard from a friend that garlic helps maintain a level blood pressure. Level in the lows that is.

I have also noticed some of my friends cook their meals with sauteed garlic.

Henceforth, I took interest in cooking food using garlic. This food ranged from veggies to meat to pork all sauteed in, unfortunately, high fat oil. It ended when I saw from an episode of Oprah where the doctor-guests said that vegetable oil has less cholesterol compared to other types of oils.

So it came to me changing from using regular cooking oil to vegetable or coconut oil.

Healthy and delicious.

No comments: